1. Colorants are used in Coca Cola; Its real color is green.
2. Before the invention of the clock, there were candle clocks that were set to burn for a certain amount of time. When you wanted to set a reminder or alarm, you would attach a nail to the candle at the time you wanted and when the candle melted to that level, they would fall on the metal candle holder and make a sound to warn you.
3. If you eat a teaspoon of sugar after eating something spicy, it will completely take your heat away.
4. In front of many nursing homes in Germany, there are fake bus stops built to keep confused senior citizens from running away.
5. The water above the divers filters out red and yellow light, making everything blue. Diving with an artificial light source can allow you to see the true colors of the underwater.
6. Did you know that all polar bears are left-handed?
7. Elephants use the folds of skin on their backs to crush mosquitoes.
8. If you put too many pistachios in a container, they will heat up and explode on their own after a while.
9. Dueling is allowed in Paraguay, provided that both parties are registered blood donors.
10. Napoleon’s penis was purchased in 2012 by an American urologist for $40,000.
11. Vodka sales account for 10% of Russia’s revenue.
12. In China, babies are considered 1 year old when they are born.
13. Although the word strawberry is ‘strawberry’ in English, strawberries are not scientifically included in the category of soft fruits called ‘berry’. Banana is surprisingly in this category.
14. Bees have a total of 5 eyes, 3 small on their heads and 2 large on the front.
15. Contrary to popular belief, the Yin-Yang motif was first seen in Rome, not China.
16. It is illegal to own or sell chewing gum in Singapore.
17. A giraffe can clean its ears with its tongue.
18. The ancient Egyptians mourned when their cat died, shaving their eyebrows by the root.
19. A kangaroo group is called a ‘mob’ in English, a ‘gang’.
20. Did you know that there is a ‘zip bomb’ known as ’42.zip’, which is 42 kilobytes compressed and 4.5 petabytes when extracted?
21. While our nose and ears continue to grow throughout our lives, our eyes never grow.
22. A snail can travel a distance of 1 mile in 115 days.
23. The average life of a US dollar bill is 18 months.
24. If two identical twin women marry two identical twin men and have children, their children will be genetically ‘brothers’.
25. It has never rained in the Atacama Desert in Chile.
26. The location of ‘Hyperion’, the tallest tree in the world, is unknown to anyone except a few scientists.
27. Crocodiles cannot stick their tongues out.
28. A sip of seawater contains millions of bacterial cells, hundreds of thousands of plant plankton and tens of thousands of animal plankton.
29. In the mid-1800s, France gifted the world an important patent on photography… But England was not included; they continued to pay.